Boise Personal Injury Lawyer
If you suffered an injury, your medical bills are likely straining your finances. Perhaps you were hit by a drunk driver, bitten by a dog, or fell after slipping on a wet surface on the premises of a business. No matter how you suffer a personal injury, if someone else’s negligence is the cause, you can seek to recover compensation for your damages.
A Boise personal injury lawyer from Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers can file a case on your behalf and handle all the legal details so you can focus on your recovery. We can begin fighting for justice when you contact us for your initial consultation. Dial (844) SARGENT to get started today.
Damages Our Personal Injury Lawyer Can Pursue in Boise
You may have suffered severe injuries that made immediate medical attention a necessity. The medical bills are beginning to pile up, and to make matters more stressful, you are temporarily or permanently unable to work. Luckily, you have options for pursuing the money you need to cover your medical expenses and other accident-related losses.
Our law firm may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve by determining which damages apply to your case and calculating how much your case is worth.
Damages we may be able to recover for you include:
- Medical bills
- Home modifications
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Household services
- Physical therapy
- Mental health counseling
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Lost quality of life
You may also be entitled to recover wrongful death damages if you lose someone you love in an accident. We are deeply sorry for your loss and express our most heartfelt condolences to you and your family during this painful time. Wrongful death compensation typically covers:
- Funeral expenses
- Lost financial support the decedent would have provided
- Medical expenses
We want to handle your wrongful death case so you can take the time your need to grieve with your family and heal. Our firm has over a decade of experience handling personal injury and wrongful death cases, so we will be able to determine which damages apply to your case and calculate how much compensation is adequate to cover your losses.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyer Can Benefit Your Case in Boise
You don’t have to build your personal injury case and fight for justice alone. Having a lawyer on your side evens the odds against the negligent party and their insurer, who will likely have their own legal representation. Our lawyer can also walk you through the complex legal process and protect your rights so no one takes advantage of you.
Our law firm is dedicated to fighting for personal injury victims like you. When you hire us to handle your case, you can expect us to do the following to build a solid case:
- Investigate the accident: We will discover the facts of your case and determine liability as we thoroughly investigate the cause of your injuries. We will also work to determine if negligence was a contributing factor or the cause of your injuries.
- Collect evidence: We will gather evidence to support your claim for compensation, including your medical bills, pay stubs, and other receipts for expenses you incur because of your injury. We will also collect evidence to prove negligence such as the police report, video surveillance, safety records, witness statements, and expert opinions.
- Calculate the value of your claim: We will determine the value of your claim and weigh the fairness of the settlement offers you receive. We will always inform you of settlement offers and review them with you while providing you with advice. You decide to accept or reject an offer.
- Negotiate a settlement: We will negotiate with the negligent party and their insurance provider on your behalf to secure a fair settlement that will adequately cover your losses.
- Provide updates: We will provide you with regular updates on the status of your case and communicate regularly with you so you do not feel left in the dark.
- File a lawsuit: We will file a lawsuit and represent you in court if necessary to recover compensation for you. We take pride in preparing cases for court and we will be ready to present your case to a jury.
Please be aware that personal injury cases can take time to resolve. There is no way for us to give you an exact timeframe, as the amount of time it takes to settle your case depends on several factors. How long negotiations take and whether we need to bring your case to trial can influence the length of your case.
If you choose to accept a settlement offer, we will evaluate and review the terms of a settlement agreement with you before you sign it. Once you sign a settlement agreement, you will not be able to seek additional compensation in the future.
Our firm focuses on personal injury cases. We can handle your case so you can turn your attention to other matters such as your recovery, taking care of your family, or grieving the loss of someone you love.
Types of Cases Our Boise Personal Injury Attorney Handles
Our law firm handles a wide variety of personal injury cases, which has given us the experience to represent victims like you regardless of the type of injury you have suffered. When you choose to consult with us about your case, you get an attorney who understands:
- Brain injuries: A traumatic brain injury can include concussions, hematomas, contusions, penetration by an object, and skull fractures. Such injuries can impact you for the rest of your life and require long-term care.
- Car accidents: A car accident can occur because of driver error, inexperience, intoxication, failure to obey traffic laws, and distractions. You can suffer severe injuries such as brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, neck injuries, broken bones, and crush injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycles do not offer the protection you would get by driving a traditional vehicle. This places you in a particularly vulnerable position if an accident occurs, including a higher risk of serious injury.
- Slip and fall injuries: Failure of a property owner to warn guests or patrons of a slippery surface or to fix the cause of a slippery surface can result in serious injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries: A spinal cord injury can leave you with temporary or permanent paralysis. You may also be dependent on medical equipment such as a wheelchair or need to make significant home modifications.
- Trucking accidents: Semi-trucks are some of the most dangerous vehicles on the road. Truck drivers must take care to drive responsibly and follow all federal regulations and traffic laws or they could cause serious injuries or death.
- Wrongful death: When someone else’s negligence is the cause of death of someone you love, you may be entitled to wrongful death damages.
- Dog bites: A dog bite can result in puncture wounds and lacerations, as well as psychological trauma that can last for years.
- Workplace accidents: If you get hurt while doing your job, you can file a workers’ compensation claim. You may also have a personal injury case under certain circumstances.
Our personal injury lawyer is ready to talk to you about your case. We will evaluate your case to determine your legal options and work with you by answering all your questions. We encourage you to consult with an attorney after suffering a personal injury.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Boise?
The thought of having to pay an attorney to handle your case might be causing you to hesitate. We understand your concerns and do not wish to add to your financial burden. At Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we do not charge you anything upfront when you hire our team.
Regardless of your financial status, we will work with you on a contingency-fee basis, so you don’t pay us unless and until we win your case and you recover compensation. There are no surprise costs when you hire us, and we will explain how payment works more in detail so you can be confident that there will be no unexpected fees.
In addition, we offer free consultations to evaluate your case and answer your questions. Your peace of mind is important to us, and we will work to put you at ease if cost is a concern for you.
You Have a Short Amount of Time to Act if You Decide to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Boise
A personal injury case can take time to build. We must investigate the cause of your injuries, gather evidence to support your claim, and develop a legal strategy to fight for the compensation you deserve. You may also require time to consider your options, one of which is filing a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages in court.
With so much that must be done, it’s easy to forget that the statute of limitations to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Idaho is only two years from the date of your injury, according to Idaho Code § 5-219.
You will not be able to recover compensation for damages through the legal process if you fail to file a personal injury lawsuit by the deadline in your case. This makes it imperative that you consult with an attorney who has the experience and training to prepare and handle a personal injury case. We will work to meet the deadlines in your case, including the statute of limitations, so you retain the right to file a lawsuit.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Can Determine Liability
You must be able to prove that someone else is liable for your injuries and financial losses if you plan to pursue compensation from them. This can be a challenging task, as you need to collect evidence and establish negligence. However, with our law firm on your side, you won’t have to worry about proving fault. Our well-equipped team can determine who is liable for your injuries and prove that their negligence led to your injury accident.
Through an investigation of the cause of your injuries such as a car accident, we will obtain a copy of the police report, which can tell us the cause of the accident, if traffic laws were broken, or if an arrest was made. We may also collect other crucial evidence, such as photos and videos from the scene of the accident.
As for your financial losses, we can provide the court with documentation such as your medical records, medical bills, pay stubs, and receipts for other expenses that are a result of your injuries. This is why seeing a doctor after an accident is crucial even if you don’t believe you have an injury.
Reach Out to Our Personal Injury Team in Boise Today
Insurance companies will almost always offer you less money than you are legally entitled to. We will not let the insurance company bully or pressure you into taking substantially less than what you deserve to cover your losses. We will help you fight back.
With Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers on your team, you may be able to walk away from your personal injury case with compensation to cover your losses and a sense of justice that will allow you to move forward.
Our law firm is dedicated to holding the negligent party accountable. We value our clients, and we will treat you like family. To get started with a free consultation to talk to a personal injury lawyer about your case in Boise, please do not hesitate to contact us today at (844) SARGENT.