Temecula Personal Injury Attorney
Whether it’s a car accident, a slip and fall, or a dog bite, suffering a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence can be life-altering. You may not only have physical and emotional pain but also financial expenses.
If you or someone you love have a personal injury, a lawyer from Sargent Law Firm may be able to recover compensation for your losses. We can handle your legal case while you focus on your recovery.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Recover Damages in Temecula?
Living with an injury and watching helplessly as your financial losses pile up can be frustrating and draining. You worry about your family and the future. But if someone else’s negligence is to blame for your injuries and financial expenses, you may be able to recover compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
A personal injury lawyer from our firm has the experience and training to handle your case, including courtroom litigation, if necessary. Types of damages we can seek compensation for include:
- Medical expenses: Medical treatment can be costly. It can be so expensive that the American Bankruptcy Institute reports it is the leading cause of bankruptcy in the United States. You could require surgery, hospitalization, medications, and medical equipment as part of your treatment. You could even need long-term care and physical therapy. Compensation can cover these expenses and future medical expenses.
- Lost income and benefits: If you are temporarily or permanently unable to work because of your injuries, you can seek to recover compensation for your lost income and benefits.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering damages are challenging to prove, and the amount of compensation your pain and suffering is worth is also difficult to determine. Nevertheless, these non-economic damages can be part of your compensation package and could include emotional distress, mental anguish, and lost quality of life.
- Additional expenses: Other expenses that compensation can cover include home modifications, household services, property damage, home modifications, and childcare.
- Wrongful death: We offer our sincerest condolences and support to you and your family if you lost someone you love because of a personal injury. We want to handle your wrongful death case so you can grieve with your family during this painful time. You can recover compensation for medical bills, lost income, and funeral expenses.
Compensation is not just about covering your expenses. It’s about holding the negligent party accountable for causing your injuries and gaining a sense of justice. Our law firm understands that, which is why we have spent over a decade representing personal injury victims like you.
We have secured over $40 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Because there are no caps on the amount of compensation you can recover for damages in California, your case could be worth six or seven figures depending on the severity of your injuries and the totality of your expenses.
How Might a Personal Injury Attorney Support Your Case
The legal process is complex, and so are personal injury cases. Having a lawyer on your side can make things less complicated, but it also provides you with an advocate who will protect your rights and look after your best interests.
In addition, a lawyer from our firm will handle your personal injury case by:
- Investigating the cause of your injuries
- Gathering evidence to support your claim
- Working to determine liability and prove negligence
- Calculating the value of your claim
- Negotiating with the negligent party and their insurer to reach a settlement
- Communicating with you regularly to provide updates on your case
- Reviewing the terms of a settlement agreement with you
- Filing a lawsuit and presenting your case to a jury
- Represent you in court and other hearings
Getting hurt by someone else can leave you wondering where to turn. We strongly recommend consulting a personal injury attorney to represent you. We will handle your case so you can focus your attention elsewhere.
If you’ve been injured or a loved one has been killed through an act of negligence, you need the highest level of legal representation.Call Us Now
What is The Cost of a Personal Injury Lawyer in Temecula?
You understandably may have concerns about hiring an attorney because of cost. After all, you already have enough on your plate. The last thing you want to do is strain your finances even more. But when you hire us to handle your case, you can leave your worries at the door because we require no upfront fees, and we work on a contingency fee basis. That means we don’t charge anything unless we win your case and you recover compensation.
We also offer free consultations to evaluate your case and answer your questions. During this complimentary initial consultation, we will learn about you and your circumstances, allowing us to determine how best to proceed. Our team reviews documents like police and incident reports, medical records, and pay statements.
Together, we can explore your legal options. We can answer all your questions with straight answers using non-technical language. You will leave understanding the best course of action. If you hire us, we get to work right away.
We fight for our clients, answer their questions, grieve with them, and help them move forward by pursuing compensation. If you are wondering if you need an attorney or have questions about bringing a case, the best thing to do is reach out to us. It doesn’t cost anything for us to review your case.
What is The Time Limit to Sue Someone in California?
Filing a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation is a big decision, so it’s only natural and understandable that you may want to consider taking this step. However, you must be aware of the statute of limitations.
The statute of limitations is a set amount of time by law that you must file a lawsuit before you can no longer do so. In a personal injury case, you only have two years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit in California, according to CCP § 335.1. The same deadline applies to wrongful death cases as well.
If you do not file a lawsuit by the deadline in your case, you will no longer be able to recover compensation through the legal process. Our law firm pays attention to the statute of limitations, and we will work to meet all deadlines in your case so you retain your right to file a lawsuit.
Do You Have to Testify?
It’s unusual for a case to go to trial. Most cases typically settle out of court because juries are unpredictable, and the legal process can take time. But it is possible you may have to take the stand and testify in your case. You will also likely have to sit for depositions. Of course, we always prepare for a case like it will go to trial. That puts us in an excellent position to reach a fair settlement.
We have the training and experience to approach the negligent party and their insurer to negotiate on your behalf as we work to resolve your case. If you must testify in court, we’ll prepare you so you will know what to expect. However, we fairly resolve most cases without going to trial.
How Do You Hire a Lawyer?
Hiring a lawyer is a big step, so you should take some time to consider your option. We recommend consulting with a lawyer, or even several, to find a law firm that you are comfortable with. The first step is contacting a law firm by calling our office or sending a message to talk with our legal team. We want to get to know you and learn about your case. Then, we will talk about the legal process and what it’s like to bring a claim. You will have the chance to ask all the questions you have.
Then, we can discuss how we represent you. We can talk about communication and how our representation works. If you decide to hire us, we can sign a written agreement that explains the steps we will take to represent you. Then, we can get to work right away on your case.
Think of a consultation as not only a way for an attorney to evaluate your case but also a way for you to interview your lawyer to take on the job of handling your case. You should ask about their experience handling personal injury cases, success rate, courtroom experience, how well and how often they communicate with their clients, and any other questions that help you evaluate if an attorney is right for you.
Your Personal Injury Lawyer Will Communicate With You
Communicating with clients is an integral part of our representation. After all, we won’t represent you very well if we don’t know you well. We want you to reach out whenever you have a question or an idea. We want to communicate with you in the way that works for you.
You can expect us to communicate by phone, email, and in-person meetings. We will tailor our communication throughout your case to fit your needs and preferences.
If you’ve been injured or a loved one has been killed through an act of negligence, you need the highest level of legal representation.Schedule a Free Consultation
Steps to Take After Suffering a Personal Injury
You may feel helpless after an injury. You could be in shock or a state of confusion. Knowing what to do after an injury can give you an advantage. The following steps can help:
- Find a safe place: After an accident, especially if it is a car accident, removing yourself from additional potential harm is crucial. Find a safe place to wait for help.
- Call the police: If your personal injury is the result of a car accident or a crime, contact the police. Police can secure the scene, call in additional responders, and prepare a report that you can use as evidence later. If your injury occurred at a business, you should inform the property owner or your employer if you are an employee.
- Collect evidence: If you can, try to collect evidence at the scene. Take photographs, request a copy of the police report, and gather contact information from witnesses.
- Seek medical treatment: Your injuries may seem superficial, but some injuries don’t immediately present symptoms. Receiving immediate medical care allows your doctor to treat your injuries and discover hidden injuries. Your doctor will also document all your injuries in your medical records, which you can later use as evidence.
- Consult a lawyer: A lawyer can contact the insurance provider or take your case to court if necessary. The sooner you consult an attorney, the sooner we can begin preparing your case for compensation.
These steps can help keep you safe and contribute to your preparation for what comes next when you do file a personal injury claim or choose to file a lawsuit.
Why Choose Us?
Our team represents personal injury victims like you. We put our experience to work to customize your case and provide competent, aggressive, and compassionate representation.
It’s our goal to make your case easy as we work for the best result for you. Our law firm focuses on communication. We know how important it is to share information and work as a team throughout your case.
Consult With a Personal Injury Lawyer in Temecula Today
Suffering a personal injury is never easy. We know how tiring and frustrating it can be to wonder where to turn after an injury. When you need help, Sargent Law Firm is your local injury law firm. We are here to be your voice and dedicated to helping injured people recover.
There are many steps to resolving your case with a fair result. Our lawyers make the process easy. In Temecula and wherever you need us, we can work on your behalf for monetary recovery after an injury.
Get the help you need from our team. It costs nothing to review your case. We look forward to helping you. To schedule a free consultation, call or contact us today.