If you were injured in a slip and fall accident in Boise, ID, a lawyer can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers help people who have suffered injury or lost a loved one by providing access to the highest level of legal representation, medical treatment, and financial compensation.
After you sign up with our Boise slip and fall attorneys, we immediately notify the insurance company they must go through us. We handle the legal aspects of your case while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
How Filing a Slip & Fall Lawyer Claim in Boise Can Change Your Future
You may walk away from a slip and fall accident believing you weren’t seriously injured, only to realize later that your injuries have worsened. Or you may not walk away from a slip and fall due to the severity of your injuries. After a slip and fall, you may end up with spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, and other injuries that can affect you for the rest of your life.
In the aftermath of a slip and fall, you may face mounting medical bills while missing work. You may also be fielding calls from insurance claims adjusters while you are in pain and trying to focus on healing. The future may seem uncertain, and you may wonder what your next steps should be.
You didn’t cause the fall that resulted in your injuries. It may have been caused by a poorly maintained store, an unsafe ladder, or hazardous conditions in a private residence. No matter how it happened, it wasn’t your fault, and the liable party is now responsible for covering your damages.
Your slip and fall lawyer in Boise will calculate the full value of your damages and fight to ensure you have the compensation you need to heal and move forward.
Our Boise Slip and Fall Attorneys Are Here For You
Slip and fall accidents can cause varying degrees of injury. In severe cases, entire lives can be altered. The attorneys at The Sargent Firm in Boise, Idaho will fight to make sure the guilty party fully compensates the victims of slip and fall accidents.
With a proven track record, we are confident in getting you what you are legally entitled to. Contact our office today to arrange a consultation with our Boise personal injury lawyers.
How Our Boise Slip and Fall Attorneys Prove Negligence in Your Case
Slip and fall accidents happen when a person injures themselves after falling while on another individual or business’s property. However, in order to prove that another party is responsible for a person’s injury, they must prove liability based on Idaho negligence laws.
A slip and fall lawyer in Boise understands Idaho’s premises liability laws, which will come into play when you file a claim against a property or business owner. In order to file a successful premise liability claim after a slip and fall, you will need to prove:
- The owner or manager of the property was responsible for creating or failing to address and fix the hazardous conditions that caused your accident. For example, a store manager knew there was a spill but failed to have an employee clean it.
- A hazardous condition existed, and the property owner should have known about it and fixed it to avoid accidents. For example, a fall that was caused by uneven mats that had been in a store presenting a hazard for months.
- You did not know a hazardous condition existed on the property, therefore you did not have time to avoid it. For example, an injury that happened as a result of a missed, low-visibility step that should have had a warning sign to let you know to watch out for it.
If your attorney can prove these conditions in your claim, you may be able to get compensation from the owner of a property in Boise or their insurance company.
How Much Compensation You Can Get in a Boise Slip and Fall Claim
Recovering damages in a slip and fall claim in Boise requires that your attorney prove that the owner or occupant of a premises owed you a duty of care, they failed in that duty of care, and, as a result, you were injured and have accident-related expenses.
Some of the costs you can recover in a slip and fall case include:
- Your medical expenses and the cost of future treatment
- Your lost wages or the loss of your ability to work in the future
- The cost of medical transportation
- The cost of physical therapy
- The cost of medical equipment like wheelchairs and crutches
- Damages for your pain and suffering
- Damages for the loss of enjoyment of your hobbies and interests
Your injury lawyer will use evidence to prove your losses and the degree to which the injuries from the slip and fall have impacted your life. The stronger your evidence is, the stronger your claim will be and the greater your compensation.
Recent Results Our Idaho Personal Injury Lawyers Have Achieved
Our goal is to provide the highest level of legal representation and financial compensation for our injured clients in Idaho. Here are some of our recent results.
This is only a partial list of recent results. Past results obtained on behalf of our clients do not guarantee the same or similar results can be achieved in your case. All cases are different and must be evaluated independently based on their own merits. Call today and speak with a lawyer for a free evaluation of your case.
Our Boise Slip and Fall Lawyers Stand Up to Insurance Companies
At Sargent Law Firm, we help people by standing up for their right to compensation against the insurance companies who want to hold onto their profits. They may try to lower the value of your settlement by offering you a quick payoff for less than you deserve. That’s where slip and fall lawyers in Boise can help.
We make sure our clients get the compensation they are entitled to by law. We do this by building a strong case to show who was at fault by collecting medical reports, calculating your lost wages, and, when necessary, bringing in expert witnesses.
Don’t face big insurance alone. Hire a slip and fall attorney to get you the money you deserve. You can count on us to refuse to back down in negotiations or court.
How Negligence Causes Slip and Fall Accidents
Many slip and fall accidents are caused by negligence. Some of the ways a negligent party can cause slip and fall accidents that lead to injuries include:
- Wet floors after spills or mopping
- Defects like cracks or uneven cement in floors and sidewalks
- Areas that aren’t property lighted to make potential hazards visible
- Failure to place warning signs to warn of potential hazards
- Failure to maintain premises, such as neglected repairs
- Defects in staircases and railings like loose or missing banisters
Idaho law allows a person to sue every party that played a part in their injury for the full amount of damages, regardless of the level of fault each party was assigned.
Obviously, an injured party may only recover for their injuries once. However, the damages incurred may be divided among the defendants relative with their respective percentage of fault for the slip and fall accident.
The Statute of Limitations for Slip and Fall Accidents in Idaho
In Idaho, the statute of limitations to file a slip and fall injury lawsuit is two years from the date of the accident. Some key facts regarding the state’s filing deadline include:
- The two-year clock starts ticking on the date the fall and your injuries occurred.
- Minors under age 18 have until age 19 or two years from the incident to file, whichever is later.
- Mental incapacity can “toll” or pause the limitation period until competency is regained.
- Government entities often have shorter deadlines of only 180 days.
- The two-year period applies equally to lawsuits and out-of-court insurance settlements.
- Failing to file a claim within two years prohibits seeking compensation under Idaho law.
If you’re within the two-year timeframe, the sooner you consult a Boise slip and fall attorney, the better, because it takes time to build a strong claim for compensation. We can also let you know if any exceptions to Idaho’s statute of limitations may apply to your claim.
How Idaho’s Fault Laws Can Affect Your Slip and Fall Claim in Boise
According to Idaho Statutes Section 6-80, this is a comparative negligence state. That means if you were found to be partially negligent in your slip and fall accident, your settlement could be reduced based on your percentage of fault.
For example, if your damages are $10,000, but you were found to be 25% at fault in the accident, your settlement would be $7,500. In Idaho, if you are more than 50% at fault, you cannot file a claim for compensation.
So how is fault determined? You may be asked questions to determine fault, which may include:
- Did you have a good reason or permission to be on the property?
- Did you exercise reasonable caution around the hazard?
- Were there any warning signs present near the hazard?
- Were you doing anything that could have contributed to the accident?
Six Steps You Can Take to Protect the Value of Your Slip and Fall Claim
Before you seek out a Boise slip and fall accident lawyer, there are steps you can take to act as your own advocate in a claim. Following these six steps can help protect the value of your settlement:
- Seek medical help to create a medical record that will document your injuries, prognosis, and treatment.
- Take photographs and video of the accident if you aren’t too seriously injured to do so, including photos of the hazard, your injuries, and anything else related to the accident.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses and take witness statements or take video of witness statements using your phone.
- Save your clothing, shoes, and any other property you were wearing or holding at the time of your fall.
- Report your injuries to the manager, operator, or owner of the premises and file an accident report.
- Do not post about your accident on social media or anywhere else online.
If you are unable to follow some of these steps due to your injuries, you may want to ask a trusted friend or family member to take photos and videos, talk to witnesses, and collect your clothing or property.
Why Choose the Sargent Law Firm for Your Slip and Fall Claim?
Working with the Sargent Law Firm is easy. After you sign up with us, we will immediately get to work contacting the insurance company to inform them of your slip and fall claim and creating a specific legal plan for your case. Learn more about why you should choose us by reading our client testimonials.
Get a Free Consultation With a Boise Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a slip and fall accident, it is best to contact a lawyer with the experience and expertise necessary to ensure you get the compensation you are legally entitled to.
The Sargent Law Firm has a proven track record of delivering results for victims of injuries. Our slip and fall lawyers in Boise are ready to help. Reach out to us online or give us a call to learn more about your legal options.