The aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be catastrophic. If you were injured, you may be coping with serious injuries, pain, missed work, and mounting bills. If you lost a loved one, you may be reeling from the loss of their companionship and financial support. You need an advocate who can take the pressure off of you by getting you compensation for your losses.
Our firm serves all of Idaho, and our Boise motorcycle accident attorneys are ready and willing to take on even the most complicated cases. We have the expertise to navigate all legal channels to ensure our clients get the compensation and justice they are legally entitled to.
The personal injury lawyers at The Sargent Firm of Boise, Idaho, do everything we can to maximize your recovery. We are ready to start developing a personalized legal strategy that will allow you to move forward with the financial support you need.
What Is the Average Settlement for a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Idaho?
The average settlement for a motorcycle accident claim in Idaho can vary significantly depending on various factors. It’s important to understand that there is no fixed or standard amount for motorcycle accident settlements, as each case is unique, and various circumstances determine the compensation.
Some of the key factors that can influence the settlement amount in a motorcycle accident claim in Idaho include:
- Severity of Injuries: The extent and seriousness of the injuries sustained in the accident play a significant role in determining the settlement amount. More severe injuries typically result in higher settlements to cover medical expenses and pain and suffering.
- Medical Expenses: The total cost of medical treatment, including hospital bills, surgeries, rehabilitation, and future medical expenses, is a crucial factor in calculating the settlement amount.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for lost wages, both current and future income, can significantly contribute to the settlement, especially if the injuries prevent the victim from working.
- Property Damage: The cost of repairing or replacing the motorcycle and other damaged property is typically included in the settlement.
- Liability: Establishing who is at fault for the accident is crucial. Idaho follows a comparative negligence system, which means that if the injured party is partially at fault, their compensation may be reduced accordingly.
- Insurance Policy Limits: The insurance coverage limits of both the at-fault party and the injured party’s insurance policies can impact the maximum settlement amount.
- Evidence: The strength of the evidence, including accident reports, witness statements, medical records, and expert testimony, can influence the outcome.
- Negotiation Skills: Effective negotiation and representation by legal professionals can also affect the final settlement amount.
It’s important to note that settlements can vary widely from case to case. To better understand the potential settlement amount for your specific motorcycle accident claim in Idaho, it’s advisable to consult with personal injury lawyers in Boise who can assess your case’s unique circumstances.
Can I File for Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident in Boise?
Idaho is a proportional comparative fault state, which means it employs a system where each party is assigned a percentage of fault and compensation is decided accordingly. However, if you are more than 50 percent at fault in a motorcycle wreck, you won’t be able to recover compensation at all.
As long as it is determined that you are 50 percent or less responsible for the motorcycle crash that caused your injuries and another party or parties are responsible for the rest, you may be able to collect compensation proportionate to your percentage of fault.
This is why it’s critical that you have a Boise motorcycle accident lawyer protecting your rights. We will gather evidence that will prove your percentage of fault to protect the value of your claim, so it’s important for you to collect any documentation you can, including photos, videos, and the contact information of any witnesses.
Can I File a Claim if I Was Lane Splitting?
In Idaho, lane-splitting is prohibited by law. So, if you were lane-splitting at the time of a motorcycle accident, how will it affect your claim? Because lane-splitting is illegal, if you were engaging in lane-splitting at the time of your motorcycle wreck, you won’t be able to seek compensation in Boise.
It’s still a good idea to talk to a motorcycle accident lawyer. We may be able to identify other contributing factors that could make you eligible to file a claim. Reach out to us so we can learn more about the details of your accident and any evidence you can provide.
How Long Does It Take to Settle a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Boise?
The time it takes to settle a motorcycle accident claim can vary widely depending on many factors. While some cases may be resolved relatively quickly, others may take much longer.
Here are the key factors that can influence the timeline for settling a motorcycle accident claim in Boise:
Severity of Injuries
The extent and severity of injuries sustained in the accident can significantly impact the timeline. More severe injuries may require longer recovery periods and more extensive medical treatment, which can delay the settlement process.
The duration of medical treatment and rehabilitation necessary for the injured party plays a crucial role. Claims are typically settled after the injured party has reached maximum medical improvement (MMI), which may take months or even years for severe injuries.
Insurance Company Cooperation
The responsiveness and cooperation of the insurance companies involved can affect the timeline. Some insurance companies may expedite the process, while others may be less responsive or more challenging to negotiate with.
If there are disputes over liability (who is at fault for the accident), resolving these disputes can prolong the settlement process. Idaho follows a comparative negligence system, which means that if the injured party is partially at fault, it can complicate negotiations.
The negotiation phase can vary in length. Some cases may be resolved through negotiations between the parties and their attorneys relatively quickly, while others may require more extended negotiations or even mediation.
If negotiations cannot reach a settlement, the case may proceed to litigation. Going to court can significantly extend the timeline, as court proceedings can be lengthy and subject to court scheduling.
Complexity of the Case
Complex cases involving multiple parties, extensive damages, or legal complexities may take longer to settle.
Insurance Policy Limits
The availability of insurance coverage and policy limits can impact the settlement timeline. If the at-fault party has limited insurance coverage, it may affect the amount and timing of the settlement.
Documentation and Evidence
Gathering and organizing all necessary documentation, including medical records, accident reports, and expert testimony, can affect the speed of the settlement process.
Given these variables, providing a specific time frame for settling a motorcycle accident claim in Boise is challenging.
An experienced Boise motorcycle accident attorney can guide you through the process, assess the unique circumstances of your case, and provide a more accurate estimate of the expected timeline.
Common Mistakes That Can Jeopardize a Motorcycle Accident Claim
From the minute a motorcycle accident occurs, it’s possible for you to make mistakes that can negatively affect the value of your claim – or even cause your claim to be denied. Our Boise motorcycle attorneys recommend that you avoid these mistakes if you want to make sure you get fair compensation:
- Delaying Medical Treatment: Failing to seek immediate medical attention after the accident can undermine your claim, as insurance companies may argue that your injuries are not serious or were caused by something else.
- Not Documenting the Accident: Failing to gather evidence at the accident scene, such as photos, witness information, and police reports, can weaken your case’s credibility.
- Admitting Fault: Avoid admitting fault or apologizing at the accident scene, as this can be used against you in the claim process.
- Ignoring Follow-Up Medical Care: Skipping doctor’s appointments or neglecting recommended medical treatments can suggest to insurers that your injuries aren’t severe or that you’re not taking your recovery seriously.
- Not Reporting the Accident: Failing to report the accident to the police and your insurance company promptly can create suspicion and complications during the claim process.
- Talking to Insurance Adjusters Without Legal Counsel: Speaking to insurance adjusters without an attorney can lead to unintentional statements or admissions that may harm your claim’s value.
- Not Consulting an Attorney: Not seeking legal advice from an experienced motorcycle accident attorney can result in missed opportunities for compensation and inadequate understanding of your rights.
- Not Gathering Medical Records: Not collecting complete medical records, including bills and documentation of treatments, can hinder the calculation of your damages.
- Ignoring Witness Testimonies: Neglecting to gather statements from witnesses who can corroborate your version of events can weaken your credibility.
- Settling Too Quickly: Accepting an early settlement offer from an insurance company without fully understanding the extent of your injuries or consulting an attorney can lead to receiving less compensation than you deserve.
- Posting on Social Media: Sharing information about the accident or your injuries on social media can be used against you by insurance companies, so it’s best to avoid discussing your case online.
- Not Preserving Evidence: Failing to keep damaged motorcycle parts or other evidence from the accident scene may make it challenging to prove liability.
- Exaggerating or Misrepresenting Injuries: Being dishonest about the severity of your injuries or their impact on your life can severely damage your credibility and your claim.
- Neglecting to Review the Insurance Policy: Not thoroughly reviewing your insurance policy for potential coverage options or exclusions can result in missed opportunities for compensation.
- Missing Filing Deadlines: Failing to adhere to the statute of limitations or other deadlines for filing a claim can result in losing your right to seek compensation.
To protect your motorcycle accident claim, it’s crucial to act prudently and seek legal advice promptly to navigate the complexities of the claims process effectively.
How Driver Negligence Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Idaho
According to the Idaho Department of Transportation’s Motorcycle Crash Summary, motorcycle accidents result in 14 percent of all suspected serious injuries and 13 percent of all fatal crashes in the state. Often, the cause of these wrecks is negligence on the part of the other vehicle’s driver.
Far too often, the driver of a car, truck, SUV, or other vehicle pulls out into an intersection or illegally turns left into the motorcyclist’s right-of-way. Due to a motorcycle’s small size relative to other vehicles on the road, some drivers of passenger vehicles fail to see motorcyclists. The resulting accident is oftentimes catastrophic.
Motorcycle accidents in Idaho are also caused by:
- Driving in unsafe conditions for the weather
- Aggressive/reckless driving
- Unsafe road conditions
- Poorly-maintained roadways
- Defective vehicles
- Signaling errors
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Fatigued driving
Recovering Damages in Your Boise Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you have been in a motorcycle accident in the Boise, Idaho area, you have more than likely suffered significant financial losses in addition to your physical injuries. One of our motorcycle accident lawyers can help you get the fair compensation you are legally entitled to.
You could receive compensation for several things, such as:
- Medical expensive
- Costs of rehabilitation
- Disability or disfigurement
- Lost wages and loss of future income
- Pain and suffering
In many instances, quality investigative work determines the outcome of cases. By reconstructing the accident scene and looking at all relevant factors and circumstances, our Boise, Idaho motorcycle accident attorneys can accurately assign liability to ensure you receive all the compensation you are legally entitled to. The legal team at The Sargent Firm will work tirelessly until you are satisfied.
If you were injured in the Boise, Idaho area, call our office to speak with an Idaho motorcycle accident attorney. We offer free consultations and charge no fee unless we collect money for you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The Sargent Firm is here for you.
Common Motorcycle Injuries For Which You Can Get Compensation
Motorcyclists are at greater risk of catastrophic injuries due to greater vulnerability. Common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Arm injuries
- Spinal cord and neck injuries
- Femur fractures
- Brain damage
- Internal bleeding
Our Boise Personal Injury Lawyer Recent Results
Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of legal representation and financial compensation. Here are some of our recent results
This is only a partial list of recent results. Past results obtained on behalf of our clients do not guarantee the same or similar results can be achieved in your case. All cases are different and must be evaluated independently based on their own merits. Call today and speak with a lawyer for a free evaluation of your case.
Why Choose Sargent Law Firm for Your Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Working with Sargent Law Firm is easy. After you sign up with us, we will immediately get to work contacting the insurance company and creating a specific legal plan for your case.
Our law firm has handled thousands of personal injury cases and is known for our honesty, exceptional client experience, and impressive case results within our community.
No Up-Front Cost
You do not pay us until we win your case.
Protection from the Insurance Companies
Insurance companies want to pay you the least amount of money for your injury claim. We know the techniques and games that insurance companies use, and our firm will fight for your fair compensation.
Our attorneys are compassionate, assertive, and experienced in all aspects of a personal injury case.
Ongoing communication with our clients is a top priority at our firm. Our experienced team is available by text, phone, email, and client portal to keep our clients updated at every step of their case.
A Sargent Law Firm Client Portal is created for all of our clients. This allows them to access their case and case updates at their convenience. We utilize technology to enhance our client experience and case results.
Get a Free Consultation With a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Boise, Idaho
Our Boise motorcycle accident lawyers will identify the best strategy for your claim, deal with the insurance company, and fight to recover your damages. Let us take care of the details so you can focus on your recovery.
If you’re ready to file a claim for your motorcycle accident or have questions and want more information, the Sargent Law Firm is ready to help you. You can contact us whenever you need us. Our legal team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.