Experienced Personal Injury Law Firm Located Here in Sandpoint
For years, the personal injury attorneys at The Sargent Firm have litigated strong, effective cases and achieved a very high win rate. Our track record has earned our firm the respect of the people of Sandpoint and the rest of Idaho.We are more than happy to provide references from our many satisfied clients. As you will see, we have a demonstrable record of being persistent, thorough, and prepared when it comes to handling all of the legal needs of our clients. The Sargent Firm will not disappoint. We are professionals and you will receive superb service. We have handled small, simple cases as well as extremely convoluted cases requiring hundreds of hours of legal work. No case is too small or too big for The Sargent Firm. Let trusted experts help you today!
Sandpoint, Idaho Personal Injury Lawyers Here to Fight for YOU!
We provide our personal injury and accident clients the following benefits:
- We are persistent and principled advocates for our clients. We offer each and every one of our clients individualized, superior legal representation. Backed by substantial financial, technological, and human capital resources, most other firms or independent lawyers cannot compete with our level of professional services;
- We methodically investigate every case and have access to the leading accident reconstruction and biomechanics experts. We often use these resources for cases involving brain, spine, neck and back injuries among other types of claims;
- We have a record of taking challenging and complicated cases to trial and winning large compensation packages for our clients. As a result, we often obtain compensation exceeding industry averages;
- Ryan Sargent, our founder and one of our lead trial attorney, personally supervises all serious injury cases our firm litigates. Ryan has a long record of being an excellent attorney, making a name for himself throughout the legal field.
Under Idaho law, a person who suffers a personal injury can recovery financial damages for:
- Past and future physical pain and suffering, mental anguish and physical impairment;
- Past and future medical, incidental and hospital expenses;
- Past and future lost wages and lost earning capacity; and
- Punitive damages in cases of egregious wrongdoing.
If a person has died as the result of another’s negligence (i.e. “wrongful death“), relatives of the individual may seek compensation for their loss. The Sargent Firm has a winning track record with all forms of personal injury claims, including wrongful death suits, which can be especially complex.
Idaho Personal Injury Law: Concise Summary
Personal Injury Lawyers Sandpoint, ID: The term “personal injury” is a legal phrase that refers to physical injuries and financial damages resulting from another’s reckless, careless, or intentional wrongdoing or criminal activity.
To get compensation for your claim from a person, government agency, or business (and their insurance company) who harmed you, you must be able to prove 3 things:
- The extent of your damages
- The cause of your harm
- How hold liability (who is responsible for the damages)
Legal responsibility—called “liability”—does not require you to prove the person, government agency, or business at fault intended to harm you; rather, simply that they did cause harm, intended or otherwise. Proving negligence, which is conduct that was hazardous and unreasonable under the circumstances, such speeding and causing a car accident, is enough evidence to prove legal liability.