How We Can Help You:
If you have been harmed in a truck accident in Sandpoint, Idaho, you probably have some questions about your legal rights and responsibilities. The Sargent Firm is here to help and answer all of your questions. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve and are entitled to under laws of the state of Idaho. Lead by Ryan Sargent, this firm in Sandpoint, Idaho is ready to go to battle for you. No case is too big or too small for us to handle.
We have years of combined experience fighting insurance companies to make sure our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation they are entitled to. If the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement—which includes medical expenses and lost wages—then our expert Sandpoint, Idaho truck accident attorneys are prepared to fight in court on your behalf. Your top priority after an auto collision should be taking care of yourself and your family – leave the rest to us.
Call us today to discuss your case. The initial consultation is free and we get nothing unless we win your case. We are available to meet in our downtown office or can make arrangements to come to you.
Truck Accidents in Sandpoint, Idaho
Per government issued statistics, hundreds of victims were injured or killed in truck crashes in Sandpoint, Idaho and the greater Idaho area in 2012. There is no indication that these numbers have decreased since then. Unfortunately, these accidents are a fact of life. However, you can effectively deal with them. If you’re involved in an accident in Idaho, contact The Sargent Firm to get the professional legal help you deserve. Our staff is prepared and ready to meet your legal needs.
Although no one plans on being involved in a truck accident, data indicates that too many people in the city of Sandpoint, Idaho alone will be harmed or killed every year in a truck or another auto collision. After an accident, hiring an experienced, qualified truck accident lawyer Sandpoint, ID should be one of your top priorities. It will help you greatly in the long run.
WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE THE SARGENT FIRM TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS SANDPOINT, ID
- Get the compensation YOU are entitled to.
- Have peace of mind knowing your claim is thoroughly investigated.
- We’ll battle the insurance companies for you.
- We treat our clients like family.
ESTABLISHING LIABILITY AFTER A TRUCK ACCIDENT
Our truck accident lawyer Sandpoint, ID will investigate your claim, citing all the relevant information to determine who is liable for your accident.
We will litigate and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
COMPENSATION FOR TRUCK ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Depending on your particular circumstances, The Sargent Firm will seek damages from the appropriate source. These could include government agencies, private individuals, or business entities.
CAUSES OF TRUCK CRASHES
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association, from 2005 to 2007, approximately 94% of all traffic accidents were the direct result of a driver; the remaining 6% of the time, the primary reason for a crash is divided among the vehicle, environmental factors, and “unknown” conditions.
When the cause for an accident was assigned to the driver, approximately 41% of the time the NHTSA categorized the reason as a “recognition” error, 33% decision error, and 11% performance error; the remainder was defined as non-performance error or “other” error.
- Recognition errors include:
- driver inattentiveness,
- internal and external distractions, and
- inadequate observation.
- Decision errors include:
- driving too fast for conditions,
- false predictions of others’ actions,
- illegal driving maneuvers, and
- miscalculation of others’ speed.
- Performance errors include:
- poor directional control.
- falling asleep
In 2013, the NHTSA calculated that “distraction-affected” crashes accounted for approximately 10% of all fatal crashes and 18% of all injury crashes. Of those “distraction-affected” crashes, 14% of the fatalities involved cell phone usage and 8% of the injuries involved cell phone use.
In 2013, the NHTSA also estimated that an average of one alcohol impaired driving fatality occurred every 52 minutes and accounted for 31% of motor vehicle fatalities nationwide.
DO’s AND DON’TS following A TRUCK related ACCIDENT
If you have been involved in a truck or another auto collision, remember the following things:
- Stop: Idaho law requires that you stop after a truck/auto collision. Failing to do so is considered a “hit and run”—a serious crime under state law. “Hit and runs” carry serious penalties and are better to be avoided in the first place.
- Exchange Information: Make sure you exchange driver’s license numbers, insurance contacts, and general contact information.
- Give Reasonable Assistance: Idaho law requires that you give “reasonable” assistance. Reasonable assistance is defined as “what a reasonable person would do under those circumstances.” Judges have final determination in instances of ambiguity.
- Report the Accident: Make sure you call the Idaho Highway Patrol or the Sandpoint, Idaho police department to report the accident.
- Do NOT Admit Fault: After a truck collision, you may be disoriented and think that you are the liable party. Before making any statement, it is best to wait until your lawyer conducts a thorough independent investigation so you can determined what really happened legally.
- Sign the Ticket: If you are issued a ticket by a police officer at the scene of the accident, make sure you sign it. This is by no means an admission of guilt.
- Seek Legal Advice: Talk to The Sargent Firm before you proceed with your case. The insurance company has a team of lawyers trying to pay out as little as possible. Let us take them on for you.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER SANDPOINT, IDAHO TODAY
If you or your loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you deserve to be fully compensated. The insurance companies will attempt to settle the claim with you directly in order to avoid fairly compensating you for your injuries. The Sargent Firm will make sure you get what you truly deserve. Contact our Sandpoint, Idaho office today to plan your next steps.