At Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers, our goal is simple: recovering full and fair compensation for car accident claimants. All too often, we’ve seen insurance companies cheat injured people out of financial recovery, often by evading liability or blaming others. We stand between you and any attempts to resolve your claim for pennies on the dollar.
A San Diego personal injury lawyer stands ready to handle your car accident claim and everything it entails. We can investigate the crash, file your claim, and fight for everything you need. Today, you can call and begin your free legal consultation. When you call, we can discuss your case and how you benefit from partnering with our legal team. Dial (844) SARGENT to get started.
Our San Diego Car Accident Lawyers Waive Upfront Fees and Costs
In our eyes, there’s nothing more stressful than suffering serious injuries due to another party’s negligence. Attorney’s fees shouldn’t be among your concerns during this challenging time. You deserve reassurance that your case is in good hands—without financial strain.
So, we offer help on a contingency-fee basis. You never pay upfront or out of pocket for our insights.
A portion of your car accident settlement pays for our services. You can learn more about contingency-fee-based representation when you connect with us.
You Deserve Adequate Compensation Following Your San Diego Crash
Right now, you’re worried about paying your bills, taking care of your family, and maintaining your quality of life. With compensation, you can put this challenging time behind you. Whether through a claim, lawsuit, or another alternative method dispute, you could secure compensation for:
- Healthcare costs. We can compel the full cost of your necessary treatment expenses from the liable party. These expenses include hospitalization, medications, surgeries, and doctors’ co-pays.
- Lost income. Your lost paychecks, tips, bonuses, and benefits are compensable through a civil action.
- Property damage expenses. Getting your car repaired isn’t cheap, and it shouldn’t be your financial obligation following a San Diego motor vehicle collision that another party caused. Our team can seek fair recovery for the cost of vehicle repairs or replacement.
- Out-of-pocket injury-related losses. Anything (and we mean anything) related to your accident and injuries is compensable. These expenses could include childcare costs, transportation arrangements, and in-home services.
- Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering. Unlike economic damages, such as medical bills, non-economic damages do not come with inherent dollar values. Yet, they’re still recoverable, and they include pain, suffering, disability, scarring, and loss of consortium.
How much you can recover is unique to your situation. Our legal team aims to recover a fair settlement that accounts for your past, present, and future losses, giving you the resources needed to rebuild your life. We’re by your side at each phase of the claims process, instilling confidence in your case’s outcome each step of the way.
We Generally Secure Damages Through Insurance Negotiations
Many car accident claimants worry about going to court. To them, it’s uncharted territory. However, you may find comfort in knowing that our San Diego personal injury lawyers resolve most cases through negotiated settlements. Odds are, your case won’t see the inside of a courtroom.
Still, we keep litigation an option. For whatever reason, we may file a car accident lawsuit if that’s what it takes to recover fair compensation. Here, we manage all clerical matters, argue your case, and combat any attempts to violate your rights. We’re intimately acquainted with the San Diego civil justice system, and we can guide you through filing a lawsuit if one becomes necessary.
We’ve Secured Millions for Car Accident Claimants in Situations Like Yours
Many personal injury law firms make promises they can’t keep. Not Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers. We don’t sugarcoat matters or falsely raise your expectations. It’s something that we’ve found that many clients appreciate.
Over the years, we’ve recovered millions for car accident claimants in situations like yours. Some of our achievements include:
- $4.2 million. Our client was nine months pregnant when a drunk driver hit her. This accident caused her to lose her child. We filed a lawsuit against the incarcerated defendant and recovered $4.2 million.
- $1 million. Our client, who lived in Idaho, suffered a serious collision while visiting California. The insurance company refused to settle, so we filed a lawsuit. After we took depositions and worked with expert witnesses, the insurance company realized it wasn’t going to win and tendered fair financial recovery.
- $750,000. Our client got into a car, not knowing that the driver was intoxicated. When she suffered injuries in a serious collision, the insurer blamed our client for getting into the car. We filed a lawsuit, which ended up compelling the insurance company to offer compensation.
The outcome of your San Diego car accident case is unique to your situation. Yet, as the case results above demonstrate, we’re equipped to secure fair financial recovery.
How You Benefit From Promptly Securing Legal Representation
We’ve all heard the saying, “Time is of the essence.” The mantra could not ring truer for your car accident case. The sooner you initiate the legal process, the more straightforward your case could become. That’s because:
The Statute of Limitations Restricts Your Filing Period
CCP § 335.1 notes that you generally have two years to file your personal injury lawsuit. Given the many obligations that go into securing fair compensation, that’s not a long time. Our firm needs ample time to investigate your claim and file your lawsuit (if one becomes necessary). Letting the two-year period pass us by could forfeit your right to financial recovery.
Not All Evidence Lasts Forever
Your legal team needs ample evidence to have a compelling case. Yet, these items may only exist for a few days after your San Diego car accident. We must work quickly to gather:
- The police report. This document outlines the basics of your collision, including its time, date, and location. The attending law enforcement officer may have also included notes and other observations we can use to supplement your case.
- Forensic evidence. Forensic data isn’t just fingerprints; it can also refer to physical evidence at the accident scene, such as car debris and skid marks. We could share this information with accident reconstruction specialists, who can lend their insight into how the accident happened.
- Eyewitness testimony. Bystanders, first responders, and others connected to the accident can have powerful observations about what occurred. However, they may forget key details with the passage of time, making their statements less compelling.
- Traffic camera footage. Many major intersections in San Diego County are outfitted with traffic cameras that record collisions. Yet, if we don’t work quickly to secure this footage, it could get automatically deleted.
You Don’t Want the Insurer to Contest Your Car Accident Claim
Insurance companies are for-profit businesses that make money selling policies, not paying out claims. So, if you wait too long to file your claim or disclose what happened, it could raise questions. You don’t want an insurance company pushing back against your claim. By promptly securing our help, we can set your case in motion, notify the liable insurer, and fight for what you need.
These Post-Accident Considerations Could Strengthen Your Injury Claim
When you entrust your San Diego car accident claim to Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers, your case becomes our cause. Your needs come first throughout our partnership, and we’re committed to guiding your case to a fair resolution.
While we handle your case’s obligations, there are some considerations that could help us compel damages from the liable insurance company. We ask that you:
Seek Medical Treatment
It’s not enough to have received care from paramedics and first responders at the accident scene. You need to visit a doctor who can diagnose your condition and create a treatment plan that aims to help you reach maximum medical improvement. In the long run, this:
- Helps your body recover the best it can
- Draws a direct connection between the accident and your injuries
- Demonstrates to the insurance company that you’re committed to recovering
- Creates medical evidence to support your case
Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers has a network of medical professionals in the San Diego area who can assess your condition and prioritize your recovery. That way, you don’t have to wait months to get an appointment with a care provider.
Follow Your Treatment Regimen
Visiting a doctor is just the beginning of your obligations as an injured person. You must also follow through with their recommendations if you’re to make a full recovery. These may include refraining from strenuous activity, taking certain medications as prescribed, and refraining from alcohol use.
Take it from us: some insurance companies look for any reason to unfairly deny claimants compensation. If the liable insurer learns that you didn’t adhere to your treatment plan, it may try to avoid paying for certain losses. We don’t want that to happen. We want to build a compelling case that results in the fair compensation your family needs.
Preserve Case-Related Evidence
There are certain pieces of evidence that you’re better off letting a lawyer gather. For instance, securing traffic camera footage can turn into a hassle if you don’t understand the appropriate channels. Your case could benefit from the insight of an accident reconstruction specialist, but you might not know who to call.
However, there are some forms of evidence that you, as the client, have access to. We ask that you preserve:
Receipts, bills, and invoices related to your condition. We can use this information to calculate your losses.
Photos of your injuries. Take photos of your physical injuries throughout your recovery period. For instance, if you got stitches after suffering a laceration, document its healing. Images can demonstrate the severity of your condition and its effect on your life.
Any attempts at communication from the involved parties. Once you have a lawyer, the insurance company shouldn’t contact you. Still, it may send various forms of written communication, hoping to get away with offering a low settlement. By documenting these communication attempts, your lawyer can shield you from bad-faith insurance practices and other violations of your legal rights.
These are just some post-accident considerations that could help your lawyer build the strongest case possible. Of course, this isn’t an exhaustive list. Dial (844) SARGENT to learn more.
Our Client Testimonials Speak to Our Commitment and Legal Knowledge
We could go on and on about our commitment to client success and satisfaction. Yet, nobody sums up our dedication better than, well, our clients. Regarding their experiences working with Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers, some have felt compelled to share:
- “The Sargent firm uses the latest technology and applications back and forth with clients to better converse and receive updates for your case. Ryan Sargent worked on a case for me, and his experience and professionalism along with the best staff working as a team his firm enabled my case the best most negotiable pay rates.” ––A.S.
- “The Sargent Firm Injury Lawyers represented me with professionalism, integrity, enthusiasm, care and respect. Ryan and his staff did an amazing job of working with me to achieve our desired outcome. No rush, no pressure just hard work for my cause. Thanks Ryan! Should I need legal services in the future you ‘ll be the first person I call..” –S.M.
- “I highly recommend Ryan Sargent and his law firm. Ryan is an extremely dedicated and competent trial lawyer. Ryan is caring and passionate about getting justice for his clients. He is my go to Trial lawyer in the San Diego area.” ––G.H.
Securing Legal Guidance Begins With a Free Legal Consultation
Whether it’s two o’clock in the afternoon or two o’clock in the morning, Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers has representatives available to take your call. When you entrust us with your case, you entrust us with your future. We take that very, very seriously.
Call (844) SARGENT now to begin your complimentary consultation. Accessing the compensation you deserve is just a conversation away.