No Fees Unless We Win - San Diego Personal Injury Law Firm
Cases We Handle
- San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer
- San Diego Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- San Diego Dog Bite Lawyer
- San Diego Slip and Fall Lawyer
- San Diego Truck Accident Lawyer
- San Diego Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
- San Diego FLSA Lawyer
- San Diego Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- San Diego Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
- San Diego Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- San Diego Premises Liability Lawyer
- San Diego Sexual Abuse Lawyer
- San Diego Wrongful Death Lawyer
- San Diego Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Our San Diego Personal Injury Law Firm
Personal injury cases can be extremely complex and varied, but they all have one thing in common; they involve one person who has been harmed by another person or entity. Injuries can be expensive and debilitating, and most victims attempt to obtain compensation through the courts.
Filing a suit on your own can be difficult, but with the help of an experienced and knowledgeable San Diego personal injury lawyer, you can improve your chances of having a successful outcome.
There are many types of personal injuries, but some of the most common types include:
- Medical malpractice
- Slips and falls
- Car accidents
- Animal attacks
- Defective products
If you or someone you care about has been injured by the carelessness of another, continue reading to learn more about how an experienced injury attorney can help.About Our Firm
Acts That Lead to Personal Injuries
When it comes to personal injury cases, a San Diego personal injury lawyer must prove that the defendant is responsible for the injuries of the victim, either directly or indirectly. To do this, the lawyer will need to prove that the defendant engaged in one of the three types of acts below:
- Intentional Act: The defendant intentionally harmed the victim.
- Reckless Act: The actions of the defendant did not take the safety of the victim into consideration. Drunk driving is a perfect example of a reckless act, especially if it causes an accident.
- Negligent Act: The defendant failed to take necessary actions to ensure the safety of the victim. For example, if a person leaves their dog untied, and the dog bites a stranger, the dog owner could be guilty of negligence.
Intentional and reckless acts are widespread, but most personal injury cases involve at least some degree of negligence.
What Our Clients Say
San Diego Office704 J St, San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (833) 599-6667
(By Appointment Only)
During the course of a personal injury suit, it is common for most victims to seek financial compensation for their pain and suffering. A personal injury can be life-altering, especially if it prevents an individual from returning to work and supporting their family.
Reasons for Compensation
For this reason, a San Diego personal injury lawyer can help a victim obtain compensation for the following:
- Physical suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Property damage
- Everyday living expenses
- Medical bills
- Loss of wages
If a victim is victorious, the court will decide on the size of their financial award. At any point before or during the proceeding, the other side can offer a settlement, which is a sum of money paid the victim to prevent further litigation.
If someone accepts the settlement, they will not be allowed to proceed with their suit. During this time, an attorney can advise the client, but the decision to take or reject the settlement will not be theirs to make.
Contacting a San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer
It is important to file a personal injury suit in a timely manner. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which gives victims a relatively brief window of time in which they can file a claim.
If you wait too long to file a claim, you may not be able to receive compensation for your injuries. And if you are injured at the hands of an irresponsible or negligent individual, it is important to contact a San Diego personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact our law firm today to discuss the details of your case and the steps you need to take to obtain justice.