Oceanside Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck drivers are typically only paid for their driving time and often make unsafe choices for that reason. Spending several hours on the road can lead to exhaustion, distraction, or aggressive driving, which could lead to truck accidents. These risks, combined with the large size of trucks, can make accidents with commercial vehicles especially dangerous.
Luckily, if you or someone you love was injured, our truck accident lawyer in Oceanside can help you seek justice. You may be entitled to financial compensation for the damages you suffered. The Oceanside personal injury attorneys at Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers can aggressively represent your interests in the aftermath of the accident. Call (844) SARGENT today to begin your case with a free consultation.
Our Truck Accident Attorney Can Determine Which Damages You Can Recover in Oceanside
Truck accidents have the potential to result in serious injuries and even death. The financial blow you suffer because of your injuries or the death of someone you love can also be devastating, harming you and your family long after your injuries heal.
Protecting your future and holding the liable party accountable are top priorities. You may be considering filing a claim or lawsuit to recover compensation for the damages you suffered. The damages you can recover depend on the details of your case.
You can trust our Oceanside truck accident attorneys to determine which of the following types of damages you may be entitled to recover:
- Lost income or lost earning capacity due to being temporarily or permanently unable to work because of your injuries. You may also be entitled to recover benefits such as vacation pay, sick pay, and your pension.
- Medical expenses, which typically include costs for hospitalization, surgery, transportation, medications, equipment and devices, physical therapy, and follow-up appointments.
- Property damage such as the cost to repair or replace your vehicle, a lost phone, or other belongings.
- Modifications to your home if you suffer an injury or injuries that require changes to help you adapt. This could be a ramp, railings, or even a stair lifter.
- Household services if you require another person to mow your yard, clean your house, or provide another type of maintenance on your property that you can no longer do yourself.
- Childcare costs so that your kids have supervision while you go to doctor’s appointments, physical therapy sessions, or even counseling.
- Non-economic costs such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost life enjoyment, and reduced quality of life.
- Future costs such as ongoing medical expenses and lost income that relate to your injury are also recoverable.
Your family could also pursue wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one in a truck accident in Oceanside. We extend our most sincere condolences for your loss, and we would consider it a privilege to represent your family during this difficult time.
Our experienced attorneys can assess the details of your case to determine your recoverable damages. You may pursue compensation for funeral and burial costs, loss of your loved one’s financial support, and loss of the decedent’s love and protection.
Our Lawyers Can Determine the Value of Your Truck Accident Case in Oceanside
The value of a personal injury claim varies depending on the damages you suffer. A lawyer from our firm will be able to determine which damages apply to your case and calculate their value so we can seek to recover an adequate amount of compensation you deserve for your losses.
In California, there are no caps on damages, so it’s possible you could collect compensation for all of your losses. Our firm has won multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts for our former clients. Some of our successes include:
- A $5.8 million recovery for a client whose family member was killed in a semi-truck accident.
- A $600,000 recovery for a client who was injured by a truck as a pedestrian while he was working.
- An $850,000 settlement for a client who was riding a motorcycle when a truck turned in front of him.
How Having Our Oceanside Truck Accident Lawyer on Your Side Could Benefit Your Case
You probably already know that the legal process takes time to navigate and can be complex, especially when it comes to personal injury cases. This is why handling your own case can be intimidating. You already spend time and energy trying to heal from your injuries. Fighting to recover compensation in court is just another burden you don’t need on your plate.
That’s why obtaining legal representation from a lawyer who has experience handling personal injury cases can be beneficial. We can guide you through the legal process and handle all the paperwork for your truck accident claim. Our law firm can do the legal heavy lifting and take on this burden on your behalf. If you hire us to represent you and handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the truck accident to determine who the liable parties are and discover the facts of your case so we can present it in court.
- Collect evidence of negligence by the liable parties and gather evidence supporting your claim. Typical evidence in a truck accident case includes police reports, medical records, income pay stubs, traffic camera footage, prior traffic violation records, medical bills, and witness statements.
- Calculate the value of your claim so you can seek to recover an amount of compensation that fairly covers your losses.
- Negotiate a settlement with the liable party and their insurance provider on your behalf and review the settlement agreement before you sign it.
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court if necessary because we do not fear litigation.
- Complete all paperwork and file it on time.
- Provide you with regular status updates so you’re never in the dark about the progress of your case.
- Consult with medical and financial experts to build your case.
- Protect your rights against those who would try to take advantage of you during this difficult time.
Your case is important to us. We encourage you to consult with an attorney who can provide you with legal options and sound advice. Our law firm will treat you with the professionalism and respect you deserve and expect. Many accident victims have come through our doors over the years, so we empathize with your situation and want to help you.
Working With Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Oceanside Is Affordable
It’s understandable to worry about the cost of hiring an attorney. You may already have substantial financial losses and you don’t think you can afford to hire a lawyer to handle your case. However, personal injury lawyers typically work on a contingency-fee basis, so you only pay us if we win your case. That means you have nothing to lose by letting us represent you.
Because we are transparent about our fees, we will explain how payment works in detail. There will be no hidden fees to worry about, either. You can even discuss your case with us during a free consultation. It costs nothing for us to evaluate your case and answer your questions.
Don’t Wait to Get Started on Your Oceanside Truck Accident Case
Taking time to consider your options after suffering injuries in a truck accident is normal. Making decisions in the aftermath of an accident is not easy, especially when your focus is on healing, grieving, or both. You can’t wait too long to get started on your case, though.
When it comes to personal injury cases, time is not on your side, and the liable party is just waiting to file a motion to dismiss because the statute of limitations ran out in your case. You generally only have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death case in California, according to CCP § 335.1. If this deadline expires before you file a lawsuit, you will likely be unable to recover compensation for damages through the legal process.
However, a lawyer from our firm will keep tabs on the statute of limitations and other deadlines so you’re aware of the timeline that applies to your case. The sooner you reach out to us, the better, as this gives us more time to build your case.
Oceanside Truck Accident Injuries That May Entitle You to Compensation
Any accident in a vehicle can result in serious injuries, but accidents with big trucks can be especially devastating. These trucks are typically larger and heavier than most traditional vehicles. Therefore, the damage is generally worse.
The injuries you suffer may entitle you to compensation. We have helped clients seek a financial recovery after suffering injuries like:
- Crush injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
If you ever end up in an accident with a truck or any other vehicle, you should contact the police so they can secure the accident scene and begin an investigation. We also urge you to seek immediate medical attention, because symptoms of brain and spinal injuries may not present until later. It’s crucial for doctors to treat you right away to prevent further damage.
Once you are safe, you might consider contacting a personal injury law firm to discuss your case. We can immediately begin our own investigation and build a case to present to a jury in court should it become necessary. You should be able to move forward with the knowledge that you got justice.
We Can Determine Who Owes You Compensation Based on the Cause of Your Oceanside Truck Accident
Trucking accidents are commonly the result of a truck driver falling asleep, driving impaired by alcohol and/or drugs, texting while driving, becoming distracted while driving, or driving too fast for the weather conditions. While many truck accidents are caused by a driver’s choices, they may not be the only person who is legally liable for the accident.
Even when a truck driver seems like the obvious responsible person in a trucking accident that the driver caused, there may be multiple parties that are at fault for a victim’s injuries.
If Another Party’s Negligence Caused Your Accident, Our Law Firm Can Prove They Are at Fault
Many trucking accidents can be directly attributed to business decisions made by trucking companies and other entities that hire commercial drivers. A trucking company may be liable for injuries caused by its driver if it was negligent when hiring the truck driver.
As an Oceanside truck accident lawyer can explain, negligence in hiring can include:
- Failing to verify that a driver has a valid license
- Failing to complete annual reviews to confirm a driver still meets the medical requirements to drive
- Failing to ensure that the driver maintains an acceptable driving record
Additionally, a trucking company or commercial entity may be liable for injuries that were caused by one of their drivers when the driver was inexperienced, the equipment was unsafe, the weight loaded on the truck was inappropriate or incorrect, or the driver failed to follow federal trucking regulations.
Get a Free Consultation and Discuss Your Truck Accident in Oceanside
Truck collision cases can be complex. While any motor vehicle accident can be serious, truck accidents almost always have significant consequences, including serious injuries, medical complications that can last the remainder of the victim’s life, and/or death.
Regardless of whether the truck accident was the result of weather, an equipment malfunction, a driver’s negligence, or another issue, an Oceanside truck accident lawyer from Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers is available to assist you in navigating the complicated legal process. Please contact us today for a free initial consultation by dialing (844) SARGENT.