If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s negligence, our legal team is here to help you. At Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers, our Coeur d’Alene personal injury lawyers are ready to fight to get you the compensation you need based on the facts of your injury case.
When you are dealing with a spinal cord injury, you may find it overwhelming to take on the legal process by yourself. Our law firm has experience managing these cases, so you can leave the legal matters to us while you recover. Our Coeur d’Alene spinal cord injury lawyers are available to take your case. Reach out to Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers today by calling (844) SARGENT. We offer free initial consultations.
Our Coeur d’Alene Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Seek Compensation for Clients
As personal injury attorneys serving Kootenai County, northern Idaho, and beyond, we understand the many ways these injuries affect our clients and their families. We know the physical, financial, and emotional effects of extended hospitalization, rehabilitation, ongoing therapies, new disabilities, and loss of mobility and independence. Even for those who recover much of their movement and sensation, these injuries can be life-altering.
We strive to get justice for our clients. Our team will document the expenses and losses you incurred because of your injuries and treatment and seek money to cover these costs. We also pursue non-economic damages for the intangible losses you suffered.
Recoverable damages in a Coeur d’Alene, ID, spinal cord injury case might include:
- Current and future medical bills and related expenses
- Care and support costs, both to date and ongoing
- Current and future income losses for time missed at work
- Reduced earning ability caused by lasting disabilities
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
We are familiar with Kootenai Health in Coeur d’Alene, the Level II trauma center where many of our clients with catastrophic injuries receive care. We can meet with you at this hospital, another inpatient facility, over the phone, or in your home.
We will work with you to ensure you get the support and responsible legal care you need during this difficult and stressful time. When you hire our legal team, you become a part of our family.
What Our Coeur d’Alene Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Can Do for You
Anyone who has suffered a spinal cord injury can seek legal guidance. Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers has been in business in Coeur d’Alene for years. We are your local injury law firm.
Over the years, we have obtained over $40 million in settlements, judgments, and verdicts for our clients. Every case we handle receives individualized attention. We never take a cent from you unless we win your case because we work on a contingency-fee basis. Our team only receives our attorney’s fees from the settlement or verdict in your case, never your pocket.
We take a seven-point approach to all Coeur d’Alene personal injury cases. This includes:
- Calling for a free case review: Our Coeur d’Alene team provides free initial consultations for potential clients and their families. If you suffered a spinal cord injury in northern Idaho, we are here to discuss your options, explain your rights, and talk about how Idaho law allows injured victims to get justice.
- Hiring us: We make it easy to hire our team. There are no upfront expenses, and we will read the contract together. We do not want you to sign until we answer all your questions.
- Building a case plan: Our attorneys develop a compelling case and approach based on the facts of your accident. Each case is different, so there is no one-size-fits-all plan. We use our experience, knowledge, and resources to build a case that fits your needs and documents your case against the negligent party.
- Ensuring medical treatment: Our Coeur d’Alene team wants to ensure you receive the necessary treatment, therapies, and rehabilitation to recover as fully as possible and live a high quality of life. As necessary, we can identify specialists and take other steps to assist in this process.
- Negotiating a settlement: Our attorneys manage all negotiations in Coeur d’Alene personal injury cases. We evaluate the case, demand fair compensation, and then go toe-to-toe with the insurance adjuster to get the payout our client needs and deserves.
- Settling your case: Reaching a settlement is sometimes more difficult in a catastrophic injury case because of its high value. However, it is still the most common way we win payouts for our clients. When the insurer makes a fair settlement offer, we present it to you. If you agree, we handle all the paperwork and make the settlement agreement official.
- Litigating your case: When necessary, we sue the liable party and prepare the case for trial. Settlements often still occur in these cases, but sometimes we need to go to mediation or arbitration. A civil trial is a possibility if it is what we believe is needed to recover the money you deserve based on your case facts.
As you will see, our legal team of personal injury lawyers and a strong supporting staff will work for you and fight on your behalf. We understand that spinal cord injuries are especially difficult, both emotionally and physically. Let us reduce your stress and get you what you deserve.
It’s free to speak with us and learn the value of your case today.Call Us Now
We Handle Several Types of Spinal Cord Injury Cases in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
Spinal cord injuries occur in many ways. When you work with our legal team, we can manage cases that involve the following types of accidents:
- Fall accidents, including slips, trips, and falls from elevated heights
- Auto collisions
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
We can review the details of your personal injury claim to help you understand your legal options.
Our Attorneys Can Prove Negligence to Seek Compensation for Your Spinal Injury
Negligence is the word we use in legal cases when someone’s carelessness causes an incident that results in injury. To recover compensation for a Coeur d’Alene client based on negligence, we must show:
- The accused party owed our client a duty of care
- They failed to provide this required duty of care
- Their failure was the proximate cause of the incident
- Our client suffered injuries and financial damages
For example, property owners and occupiers owe guests and customers a duty of care to prevent injuries caused by preventable hazards.
Depending on how your injuries occurred, the potentially liable party might be a driver, a property owner, or someone else. Our attorneys identify the liable party and gather evidence to hold them accountable as a part of representing you in your case.
Collecting Evidence to Support Your Spinal Cord Injury Case
Our spinal injury attorneys can gather evidence to show how the liable party failed to uphold their duty of care. We can prove that their negligence caused your Coeur d’Alene spinal cord injury. Some common types of evidence we use in these cases include:
- Official reports filed by law enforcement and first responders
- Video of the incident, when available
- Photos from the scene
- Eyewitness statements
- Accident reconstruction for traffic accidents
- Relevant medical records
- Expert testimony from doctors and other expert witnesses
- Documents showing our client’s expenses and losses
Once we have the available evidence, we can present it as proof that you deserve compensation. We want to show the insurance company that we have a strong case against their policyholder. If they refuse to settle fairly, we can negotiate for an appropriate settlement or file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. We can explain more about your legal options when you reach out to us.
Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions About Coeur d’Alene Spinal Cord Injury Accidents
Our spinal cord injury lawyers provide answers to our clients’ most frequently asked questions. While we provide general responses here, we can answer questions specific to your injury case during your free case review and consultation.
How Do Spinal Cord Injuries Most Commonly Occur?
A spinal cord injury could occur in numerous ways. As a firm specializing in personal injury law, we’ve seen a lot of these severe injuries resulting from car accidents and tractor-trailer accidents. People who perform manual labor, such as construction or factory workers, are also at a high risk of a spinal cord injury.
If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury, Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers has a team of investigators on staff that will collect evidence for you, so you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
When Should I Settle My Spinal Injury Case?
Unfortunately, some victims are too quick to settle with an insurance company. Before you accept a settlement offer, consider whether it will reimburse you for your current losses and cover any future expenses that may arise. For example, an initial settlement offer may not cover the cost of ongoing medical care.
Insurance companies often make their company’s bottom line their priority, so they may offer you less than what you need. Spinal cord injuries are often associated with extremely high medical expenses.
Here at Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we will deal with the insurance company for you, making sure you don’t settle for less than you deserve.
Schedule a Free ConsultationCALL US NOW
How Are Spinal Cord Injury Cases Different From Other Personal Injury Cases?
In most accidents, victims suffer injuries and then fully recover over time. However, catastrophic injury cases are different. Spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and similar injuries can cause lasting health problems that require long-term care. That could mean a lifetime of undeserved costs for an accident victim.
Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help you seek the compensation you need to fund your ongoing medical care.
Is There a Time Limit to File a Claim for a Coeur d’Alene Spinal Cord Injury?
Under Idaho law, there is a statute of limitations that states how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. In most instances, accident victims have two years to submit their cases. However, some cases could have shorter timelines.
Because statutes of limitations exist and some types of evidence disappear quickly, we strongly encourage our clients to take legal action as soon as possible. At Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we can ensure you’re aware of the filing deadlines that apply to your case. We will do everything we can to file your case on time.
What If My Spinal Cord Injury Happened at Work?
Any injury you suffered at work could be handled as a workers’ compensation case. You are protected as an employee. Therefore, you should be compensated for an injury that happens on the job.
However, at times, a work-related injury involves a third party who can be liable for your injury. If this is the case, you can then proceed with both a workers’ compensation claim and a personal injury lawsuit against the liable third party. The at-fault party in these cases is often a property owner, contractor, or another company.
Our Coeur d’Alene attorneys can assess your case and determine your legal options if your spinal cord injury occurred at work. These initial case consultations are always free. We handle both workers’ comp and workplace injury cases.
Speak to Our Personal Injury Team Serving Coeur d’Alene for Free Today
Sargent Law Firm Injury Lawyers provides legal representation for spinal cord injury victims and their families. If you or a loved one suffered a catastrophic injury in an auto accident, fall, or other negligence accident, we are here to help you. Our Coeur d’Alene personal injury team will assess your legal options and explain your rights.
Contact us today for your free consultation by dialing (844) SARGENT.